We are a small business, located in a small town, near a booming metropolis looking to fill a position for Custom Shoemaker/Pedorthic Technician or Certified Pedorthist. We are looking for a candidate that is detail oriented, artistic, personable and isn't afraid to get their hands dirty. We manufacture custom shoes ranging from the very typical to quite unique, with design and manufacturing challenges arising from each client's desires and needs. We have been around for over 40 years and our focus is on quality, fit, and comfort in providing footwear for those we service.
Group insurance benefits offered to successful candidate after 3 months of successful employment. Remuneration negotiable depending on candidate skill sets.
- Manufacturing orthotics and custom footwear
- Client lower limb biomechanical assessment interaction
- Client clinical diagnosis of pedorthic services.
- Gather and record client information for manufacturing footwear and/or orthotics
- Produce 3D scans or castings of client's feet or existing lasts.
- Design custom shoe lasts in CAD from 3D scan data.
- Manufacture a physical last by milling, 3D printing, or other methods.
- Fit and adjust products/fit models/etc. on the client & adjust as needed for comfort & performance.
- Reverse engineer the last to fit the adjusted fitting model.
- Produce 2D shoe patterns from a 3D CAD model
- Cut, prepare & assemble materials to make a finished shoe product.
- Replace soles and heels
- General stitching and patching
Skills, Qualifications and Required Education
- Certified Pedorthist/Master Craftsman
- Experience using 3D scanners
- CAD Experience
- Biomechanical knowledge and understanding
- Computer Proficiency
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills in English
- Customer service/client interaction
Submit Your Application